Frequently Asked Questions.
Budget is of course a deciding factor for many buyers but we believe that integral blinds look better, last longer, offer more features and are the better investment in the long run.
Here are some of the key advantages of integral blinds:
- They remain sealed, dust-free and will never require cleaning.
- They do not flap about in the wind or get twisted in draughty rooms.
- They are discreet, sleek, elegant, and in keeping with today’s modern homes and commercial facilities.
- You can choose from many opening options including magnetic and motorised (battery powered or hardwired).
- They are safer than traditional strings, ropes and cord blinds.
- Used correctly, they will last for many years. Traditional fabric blinds need to be replaced through use, dirt and simple wear & tear in the home or office.
Generally yes, in any window or door that opens either inward or outward. They will suit Bifolding doors, French doors, Casement windows and many others.
They can also be provided to partitions, facade glazing, screens or any other type of glazed product.
The only area where it is best to seek advice from either us or your double glazing provider, is for sliding windows or doors. As sliding windows and doors need to pass each other when opened, often the external mechanism such as a magnet may hit the fixed or opposite sliding panel.
Magnetic blinds are always the more aesthetically pleasing and discreet option. It’s also far safer in households with children and pets, as there is no risk of entanglement.
BetweenGlassBlinds can also be controlled automatically and electronically.
Yes you can. Assuming the existing window supports the current method of glazing the products.
BetweenGlassBlinds uses glass from top quality glass processors and producers. Customers are able to choose nearly any type of glass for their home or commercial building. The most popular options include toughened, laminated, obscure and patterned glass. Other possibilities are sandblasted, fire rated, acoustic glazing and many other types often seen in commercial installations.
The manufacturing process of a standard double glazed unit without blinds is carried out under controlled conditions. This is necessary for the double glazed units to be 100% hermetically sealed, to provide the U Values to windows and of course be reliable for many years to come.
The manufacturing process for BetweenGlassBlinds is virtually identical, which is why they must be fitted by the same company that makes the double glazed units.
The units housing the blind are hermetically sealed. Therefore it is not possible to replace just the glass or just the blinds should these be damaged or fail. The entire double glazed unit must be replaced.